São Tomé and Principe, two tropical islands off the coast of West Africa with a population of just 160,000, might not be an interesting prospect at first sight. However, its large reserves of offshore oil have attracted investors from all over the world. Plus it has also set up a free trade zone that allows for tax exemption during a 10 year period. Finally, its quality natural resources such as rain forests, endemic species, white sand beaches and sunny weather are perfect for the burgeoning tourism industry.
The following companies can be incorporated in São Tomé e Príncipe.
“Sociedade Anónima” or Corporation/ Public limited company
· There is no minimum share capital legally defined, but as a rule USD 5,000 is sufficient to incorporate this type of company.
· A minimum of ten shareholders is required.
“Sociedade por quotas” or LLC/ Private limited company
· There is no minimum share capital legally defined, but as a rule USD 1,000 is sufficient to incorporate this type of company.
· A minimum of two shareholders is required.
“Sociedade Unipessoal” (single shareholder private limited company)
· Only one shareholder is required.
· The share capital should not be less than USD 1,112.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any query!!